I think that project manager’s ability to probe and question would really make or break a project success. I have list a top 10 questions a project manager should ask. It is purely based on my experience. All I need you to validate and add in case you think different
1. What is the business case for this project? Why are we doing this project? Is this project really required?
2. What are we going to deliver? What are the business products we are going to deliver?
3. What is the budget?
4. When am I supposed to deliver this project? Is there any time constraint?
5. Who are my stakeholders?
6. What are the quality criteria for the project?
7. What is that I need to communicate? To whom? When? In what format?
8. What are the tolerance limits for my project?
9. What am I suppose to do if I foresee the tolernance voilation?
10. Does the project delivered to users really useful?